I am following the Unique Healing Program and am finding it highly transformative. How? Well, it is incrementally healing my digestion and bowel function. I have spent most of my life dealing with my gut being uncomfortable, constipation, gas, etcetera. Unique Healing it is not an instant cure. As far as I know there is none. Instant cure for chronic conditions is a fantasy that does not exist. Some may think it exists because most people do not know what real bowel- digestive health is. The standard expectation for bowel health, health in general, is pretty low. Poor bowel health that has gone on for years or decades can not be healed during a weekend, week or month of colon cleansing or diet upgrades. One may find temporary relief, not complete healing.
Each of us are very different and the reason are endless. Much is due to what we inherited from our parents, ancestral line. Those and many other factors determine how we heal and how we define health. What our nervous systems and general health are able and willing to tolerate is completely subjective. I think we are all brainwashed into viewing our bodies like machines and comparing ourselves to others in the same way.
WHAT IS NORMAL?
Is healthy the same as normal? Absolutely not. All answers depend on whom you speak with. When it comes to health that is very much the case. In the eyes of allopathic physicians and drug companies the definition of health is tainted by expectations of sickness. I had one prominent GI doctor [NYC] tell me that having one bowel movement every four days is normal for some people. Okay, so here are some other things that are “normal”:
1) Fecal matter smells and that is a nice word for stinks, and that is normal. Is it healthy? No. Even according to the mainstream medical establishment it is normal because it is what most people experience.
2) It is healthy if your bowels are loose, as long as your bowels are moving. This is not true. Lack of form indicates the lack of amount of healthy bacteria in your gut. If normal is loose it is not a good sign.
3) The color of your bowels has to do with the color of the food you eat. Green food = green poop. If you eat beets they are red, etcetera. No, that just indicates that your digestion is weak and that you may have a bacterial infection.
4) Your diet will heal your bowels. This is something I believed to be true and it only brought me many, many years of frustration and feelings of failure. For most, if not all people this is not the case. Better diet will suppress symptoms, but it will not help the GI tract repopulate the microflora it needs. It will not heal leaky guts. I am still grappling with this, but I have experienced that it is true.
5) Colonics and bowel cleansing can heal your digestive woes. While they are helpful in eliminating toxins, they do not get to the heart of the problem. Again, diet does not either. If your digestion is wrecked by eating one “bad” food, then something is wrong on a deeper level. You will most definitely have to eat carefully [ specific for each person ] to not have symptoms triggered, until you do heal, while on The Unique Healing Program.
6) It is normal to always feel addicted to food and have to fight cravings. This is not true. It is also not healthy to stand on a soapbox making others wrong for what they do. I feel health is living life and not making food the problem. To constantly be on a vigilant look out for what is wrong is a big drain on having fun and creating a better world.
7) Farting is normal and should be expected, depending on what you eat. Yes, for the “normal” average person this may be true, but it is not a healthy normal. Most people would not agree with me on this. The level of gut health that most people experience is pretty low and so deeply uninspired.
I could go on and on about all of this. Some of the conclusions I have come to are still very painful for me to face. If any of this peaks your interest please read:
Unique Healing by Donna Pessin click here. Also, look at the 70+ videos that she has on youtube. You can read the first chapter of her first book online at her website.
Body Ecology Diet by Donna Gates click here. A different approach, but one that is worth checking out. I did not find this approach to heal my digestive issues, but the information in the book is very informative and may work for you.
Books by Bernard Jensen click here are worth looking into. I can not recommend one first hand. It has been years since I have read his materials. Good information.
These people are not saying diet will ultimately heal you, but that healing your GI tract allowing it to repopulate itself with healthy bacterial will. Dietary changes will assist in that happening. Eating better will be an easy choice. Things that were normally not edible without repercussions will, eventually, not upset your digestive terrain. This is a long term goal and one that is worth aspiring to. Take action!